4166-4188: Acoustic Accordion Doors
For higher sound control in meeting spaces, medical facilities, or religious institutions, this series takes sound attenuation to a higher level. High quality, with an FSTC of 41, both feature a perimeter seal, acoustic lining, and heavy-duty hardware. Available in two panel widths: 4166 is the dual 6” panel, and the 4188 incorporates the same pantograph geometry for ease of use with a larger 8” panel. Five discrete finishes are available. 6” and 8” styles available. Certified FSTC 41.
4166-4188 Product Specifications
- Panels: 6” or 8" wide by 1⁄2" thick medium density fiberboard with routed edge for vinyl hinging.
- Hinge assembly: 16 gauge steel, pantograph action for dualwall door assembly.
- Panel Connectors: Flexible vinyl, color-coordinated to panel selection, inserted and attached into routed edges.
- Track: 2” x 1-1/4” aluminum, pre-punched for screw fasteners for surface mounting.
- Sound Seal: Dual-wall door with internal acoustic material, flexible vinyl sweep strips mounted on top and bottom of the door. Wood molding mounted on both sides of track forming a wide sweep surface.
- Acoustical liner: Applied to inside faces of both walls.
- Wheels: Nylon-tired steel ball bearing wheels; 4 wheeled carriers on each volute and at lead post.
- Lead Post: Extruded aluminum, 3-7/16” x 4-7/8” cross-section, with jamb molding. Color-coordinated to panel connectors.
- Jamb Molding: 2-1/8” wide by 15/16” deep aluminum.
- Handle: Metal
- Latch: Deadlatch with thumbturn two-sides/one side and a range of keylock options available.
- Width: Contact Customer Service for connector options
- Height: Vinyl-Lam up to 10' 1"
- Stack Width: 4166 Series 14 1/2". 4188 Series 18 1/2"
*Field Sound Transmission Class: The dual-walled 4166-4188 Acoustic Partitions have field sound transmission class rating (FSTC) of 41. Field tests were performed by Acoustic Engineer of Eugene Oregon following the procedures specified in ASTM designation E 336-90.