Series 4100: Acoustic Accordion Doors
For higher sound control in meeting spaces, medical facilities, or religious institutions, this series takes sound attenuation to a higher level. High quality, with an FSTC of 41, the 4100 features a perimeter seal, acoustic lining, and heavy-duty hardware. Available in two panel widths: 4166 is the dual 6” panel, and the 4188 incorporates the same pantograph geometry for ease of use with a larger 8” panel. Five discrete finishes are available. 6” and 8” styles available. Certified FSTC 41.
Series 4100 Product Specifications
- Panels: 6” or 8" wide by 1⁄2" thick medium density fiberboard with routed edge for vinyl hinging.
- Hinge assembly: 16 gauge steel, pantograph action for dualwall door assembly.
- Panel Connectors: Flexible vinyl, color-coordinated to panel selection, inserted and attached into routed edges.
- Track: 2” x 1-1/4” aluminum, pre-punched for screw fasteners for surface mounting.
- Sound Seal: Dual-wall door with internal acoustic material, flexible vinyl sweep strips mounted on top and bottom of the door. Wood molding mounted on both sides of track forming a wide sweep surface.
- Acoustical liner: Applied to inside faces of both walls.
- Wheels: Nylon-tired steel ball bearing wheels; 4 wheeled carriers on each volute and at lead post.
- Lead Post: Extruded aluminum, 3-7/16” x 4-7/8” cross-section, with jamb molding. Color-coordinated to panel connectors.
- Jamb Molding: 2-1/8” wide by 15/16” deep aluminum.
- Handle: Metal
- Latch: Deadlatch with thumbturn two-sides/one side and a range of keylock options available.
- Width: Contact Customer Service for connector options
- Height: Vinyl-Lam up to 12'
- Stack Width: 4166 Series 14 1/2". 4188 Series 18 1/2"
*Field Sound Transmission Class: The dual-walled Series 4100 Acoustic Partitions have field sound transmission class rating (FSTC) of 41. Field tests were performed by Acoustic Engineer of Eugene Oregon following the procedures specified in ASTM designation E 336-90.