The H4100 acoustic accordion partitions consist of two continuous laminated vinyl covers assembled to steel pantographs supported by aluminum covered steel channel posts at each end with an STC 41*. This series also incorporates steel strips laminated within each fold for enhanced acoustical performance. These acoustic partitions are easy to operate, durable and come in a wide variety of options and finishes. Acoustic Accordion Partitions are an ideal sight and sound barrier for interiors that require frequent flexibility in room division.
Woodfold’s continuous vinyl design accordion partitions are custom designed and manufactured to suit the specific needs of your space.
Two laminated covers with clean, crisp lines, multi-ply soft vinyl sweepstrip sound seals at the top and bottom of both sides. The laminated construction ensures the covers will not sag or bag over time.
Full height dual-magnetic closure strips in the jamb allow ease of closure and help to seal out sound.
Our accordion partitions provide years of smooth, easy folding action and allows the doors to easily maneuver. The laminated cover construction adds strength and stability to the door.
A selection of heavy duty aluminum track systems are available to accommodate various ceiling conditions. Three track system types for a wide range of installations.
- Covers have multi-ply sweep strips top and bottom both sides of the partition for an acoustical seal.
- Material: Steel and fiberboard inners with an acoustical lining, exterior: Commercial vinyl continuous curtain.
- The top sweep strips are 1/2 inch (13 mm).
- Partitions have an internal framing of 14 ga. (2 mm) half hard steel riveted to form “X” construction pantographs.
- Pantographs provide an even extension and contraction without binding on straight runs of track as shown on the plans.
- Partitions have pantographs located at top and bottom, plus intermediate pantographs located no more than 4 feet (1219 mm) on center for heights over 8 feet (2.438m). The bottom sweep strips are 1-1/2 inches (38 mm).
- The lead post is trimmed with clear anodized aluminum and includes mechanical latching.
- Wheels: Nylon-tired steel ball bearing wheels; 4 wheeled carriers on each lead post with intermediate carriers every 18″ on center and nylon-tired two wheeled carriers elsewhere as appropriate.
- Lead Posts: Extruded aluminum faces on full height steel channel.
- Handles: Aluminum with steel pull handles.
- Latch: : Latch with thumbturn one side/two sides and a range of keylock options available.
- Width: No max, 20ft sections require type B rolling post.
- Height: Up to 12’.
- Stack Width: Extended: 5-1/2″ – Closed 7-1/2″.
- Partition hanging weights: 4.3lb per sq ft.
Sound Transmission Class (STC): The 4100 Continuous Vinyl Acoustical Partition has a sound transmission class (STC) rating of 41.The specific test procedure is defined by ASTM E90