Press Release of November 2019:
We are excited to announce that we have acquired the intellectual property rights, and key equipment of the accordion door line from Panelfold Inc, of Miami, which ceased trading in early November.
Panelfold, trading since 1953, has been a highly regarded brand, supplying accordion doors and operable walls into a range of markets across North America..
Woodfold also manufactures accordion doors and this product line acquisition will bring synergy and natural line expansion to the current Woodfold Accordion Door range.
It is anticipated that once the necessary adjustments to manufacturing have been accomplished at the Woodfold plant in Forest Grove Oregon, then full scale production of the most popular and viable lines will commence under the Woodfold brand name.
Since 1957 Woodfold has been manufacturing door and window components to the commercial and residential markets nationwide. Custom accordion doors, luxury hardwood window shutters and hardwood roll-up (coiling) doors have been the core products for Woodfold.
The accordion door range is used in many different environments spanning residential and commercial applications across North America and Europe.
Woodfold Manufacturing is a proud ESOP company.
——————————————– end of press release —————————————-
Interested in an acoustic accordion door?
Please contact our customer team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Does This Mean ?
- Woodfold acquired only the information and drawings relating to the Accordion Line of products from Panelfold, no manufacturing lines or major equipment.
- Woodfold did not assume any liabilities whatsoever (warranty etc), from the purchase of the Panelfold components. This was an IP purchase only.
- We will be re-engineering the Panelfold designs in line with Woodfold’s manufacturing processes.
- We will not be making direct ‘copies’ of the Panelfold designs, they will be a hybrid design to maximize quality and performance.
- This process to integrate takes several months. We will gradually introduce new products when they have been fully tested and trialed.
- We did not buy any significant accordion door / partition parts from Panelfold – we have no organization to sell parts.
- We do not have access to the Panelfold ‘operable walls’ – we did not acquire any of this product.
- Woodfold does have available equivalent models to the former Panelfold Scale 4 and 6 models
*Panelfold Inc is not a trade mark owned by Woodfold, we have used the name merely to outline the actions, post auction, of the Panelfold branded products. These doors may also be known as partitions, accordion doors, accordion panels, acoustic doors